Question

Purchase Req Auth Rule Enabled for Purchase Ordes

• 17 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Hi There,

I have requisition authorization rules set up and working, however once authorized and Req converted to PO, IFS requests authorization on the PO again? 

I checked the company set-up and “Enforce Order Authorization” is toggled on, so naturally I assumed this was the reason, so I toggled it off. However once toggling this off, my PR’s no longer go through authorization? 

Any help is appreciated. 

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @ERPMark1,

In IFS you can define authorization for purchase requisition and purchase orders separately and there is no such functionality in place not to request authorization for purchase order if the requisitions are authorized this might be due to the fact that you can connect multiple requisition lines to one PO and vice verse.

If you don't want PO authorization, then don't define any purchase order authorization rule and uncheck the enforce purchase order authorization at company, then system wont ask to authorize the purchase order.

In your case, system is asking for authorization of purchase order because you might have define the purchase order authorization rule for the site. You can change the status of purchase order authorization rule to planned and then you can release PO without authorization

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Badge +2

Hi @ERPMark1,

In IFS you can define authorization for purchase requisition and purchase orders separately and there is no such functionality in place not to request authorization for purchase order if the requisitions are authorized this might be due to the fact that you can connect multiple requisition lines to one PO and vice verse.

If you don't want PO authorization, then don't define any purchase order authorization rule and uncheck the enforce purchase order authorization at company, then system wont ask to authorize the purchase order.

In your case, system is asking for authorization of purchase order because you might have define the purchase order authorization rule for the site. You can change the status of purchase order authorization rule to planned and then you can release PO without authorization

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Hi Mithun,

Thank you for your quick reply. I’m sorry I think I understand you are saying in IFS you cannot use PR Authorization alone? and cannot create an order once the requisition is authorized without the PO going through authorization? you should be able to just authorized PR and convert to order?

PR Rules = Released

Company Basic Data  (Procurement Tab) Enforce Order Authorization = Toggled off

PO Rules = Planned

PR Rule not activating upon release of Requisition?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @ERPMark1 ,

I mean you can use either only PR authorization or only PO authorization else both. IFS supports all this scenarios. 

Could you please check whether you purchase requisition matches the criteria defined in the authorization rule such as site, value etc. and check whether you have the project roles assigned to person in the project purchase requisitions are connected to project.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ERPMark1 

While the IFS behaviour is as EqeMithuV has described, I believe you can take the possibilities custom events/ workflows to support your business requirement. I believe in this business, the purchase requisition authorization may be sufficient to govern the purchase order authorization. 

So whenever a PO is created thru a PR, it means it has gone through PR auth and you can decide not to trigger the auth or automaticall auth it based on PR authorization. 

Badge +2

Hi @ERPMark1 ,

I mean you can use either only PR authorization or only PO authorization else both. IFS supports all this scenarios. 

Could you please check whether you purchase requisition matches the criteria defined in the authorization rule such as site, value etc. and check whether you have the project roles assigned to person in the project purchase requisitions are connected to project.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Thank you! I will check these today. I appreciate your help.

Badge +2

Hi @ERPMark1 

While the IFS behaviour is as EqeMithuV has described, I believe you can take the possibilities custom events/ workflows to support your business requirement. I believe in this business, the purchase requisition authorization may be sufficient to govern the purchase order authorization. 

So whenever a PO is created thru a PR, it means it has gone through PR auth and you can decide not to trigger the auth or automaticall auth it based on PR authorization. 

Hi Vimukthi,

How do I automate the creation of PO once PR authorized? Is this through “Order Processing Types”?

Thank you!

Badge +2

Do Project Roles need to exist on the sub project and activity level as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ERPMark1 

Hi Vimukthi,

How do I automate the creation of PO once PR authorized? Is this through “Order Processing Types”?

Thank you!

check the possibilities of BPA Workflows in cloud