Solved

Purchase Part price history

• 11 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello all, 

I have been reviewing the purchase part price and I am wondering if there is a way to see the prior pricing for a given purchased parted? Part Cost History does not contain this information. I believe we make too many changes to turn on History logging for that field. Currently, our Purchasing group will update the Supplier for Purchase Part record when we receiving new pricing from a supplier.

I’m hoping this historical information is stored somewhere that I am not currently aware of. Any guidance would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 11 December 2021, 19:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

There is no history on this field specifically unless you turn it on.

The closest you will get will be evaluating the Purchase Order Lines to see what it was when a PR/PO was created.  You can also evaluate the ARRIVAL transaction to see what the price was at the point of receipt which is a small indicator of the price being changed on the PO.

Neither of those will be an exact representation of the SfPP price field though, that requires the history log to be turned on prior to the changes.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,

I used the “Price List” tab in the Supplier for Purchase Part in one of my projects to have a history of the agreed prices for the part at this supplier: 

If you want to see the actual prices from the purchase orders, I think you will have to select the purchase order lines window for the prices.