Solved

Purchase Order Shipment Charges

• 29 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

We are facing an issue in purchasing that are not able to add additional charges per shipment as most of purchase orders arrive in serveral shipements (partial deliveries). Currently the charges added to a purchase order will be taken proportionally to the received shipment. Only the charges of the shipment is known when the shipment arrive like custom, insurance, freight , others. So at the time of shipment receiving unit cost is incorrect as the charges are added partially to received parts.

Kindly is there any way or workaround solution to add charges to received shipment.

Thank you.

Bilal Drayi

Medical & Pharmaceuticals Services Company

icon

Best answer by Asela Munasinghe 26 October 2021, 11:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@bldrayi if you are aware of the charges upfront, you may use ‘Distribute on Receipt’ ticked in the charge type. Then it will get evenly distributed throughout the PO line, late receipts or not. See my answer in this post to do this setup: 

If you are referring to late charges that were not visible initially, we are facing the same situation, we don’t see a clear solution in IFS for that yet. I totally get your situation, when a business has a clear overview of the PO charges, we can add them to the PO before the receipt and even set the charges distributed by PO lines / Amounts / Weights / volume. The problem occurs when we do partial receipts and then get late charges added to them creating inconsistent inventory costs for different receipts. From what I understand, this is yet to be addressed by IFS. See below, it has been discussed in a previous thread.

We are working with some suppliers to have a mechanism to communicate charges upfront. But in a business I don’t think its possible always. 

IFS does let you add charges to a closed PO, I hope you are aware of that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@bldrayi did my answer helped you find a solution? Thanks.