Question

Purchase Order Layout

• 10 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Community,

We are using IFS Apps 9 UD15. Since our Go Live in 2016, we have been living with a Purchase Order layout topic that is causing confusion.

When we raise a Purchase Order for Part 123XYZ on Line 1, and the same part is located on a different line, IFS presents it in the following manner:

P/No: 123XYZ Line 1, Release 1

P/No 123XYZ Line 1 Release 2

This is confusing for our suppliers and third party maintenance network. Other ERP’s that we have used simply sequence via line number and not by Part Number, can this be changed?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi NewtoK,

Sorry, but I’m not a document layout expert.

But I think printing ’release 1’ and ‘release 2’ is set up in the document layout.

regards, 

Camiel 

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

No, the behavior of an item appearing more than once on an order and incrementing the release is the design of the system on Purchase Order, Customer Order, or Shop Order.  It doesn’t matter if the order starts out with more than one occurrence or the item is added again later to the same order, IFS will always handle it as separate release for the same line number.

**If a purchase order has several purchase order lines with identical part numbers, all lines receive the same line number. 

**For purchase order lines with identical part numbers, each purchase order line is assigned its own release number, e.g., 1 for the first, 2 for the second, etc. 

This is the way the auto-increment will always work.  

However, if you want to over-ride the behavior, you need only to manually type in the line numbers rather than allowing them to be assigned automatically.  You can do this on any order, but it can be a significant slow-down on order entry and can lead to other mistakes like skipping line numbers, etc.  So we avoid the manual process and live with the automatic behavior.

I entered this manually:

Same Part, Manual Line No