Question

Purchase Order Authorization Steps Issue

• 6 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

When we try to release a purchase order sometimes, we need to authorize it first. At that moment IFS application will send a notification to the authorizer via IFS Notify Me app 10. The approach is, first notification needs to be sent to step number 10, and upon step no 10 approval, the Next notification needs to be sent to the step number 20 authorizer. 

But the issue is, when I try to release the PO, this authorization notification is sent to all authorizers in steps number 10 and 20. 

Is there any way to resolve this issue?

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Pasindu - Did you manage to resolve this? I am facing the same scenario. My understanding was that Step 10 would receive the authorization first. Upon completion, Step 20 would receive the notification.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@WyrJamesG  @Pasindu Weerasinghe 

As far as I know there’s no feature to specify whether the system should use Sequential or Parallel authorization for POs.

Maybe this could be a good idea for improvement. For example when using authorization for supplier invoices (posting proposals), there’s one parameter at company level which dictates if the authorization will be done in sequence or in parallel. This ensures that only the new authorizer gets the notification.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks @Marcel.Ausan  - that seems odd, considering the authorization for Step 20 cannot be actioned until Step 10 is approved, unless Superior Auths are used?  Wondering if a Custom Event Action could handle this?

Badge +1

@WyrJamesG @Pasindu Weerasinghe @Marcel.Ausan 

Hi all,

Did anyone get any further with this? I’m experiencing the same problem and wondering if anyone found a solution.

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @wnaylor - IFS released an improvement for this in Cloud 23R2. 

Badge +1

Thanks @WyrJamesG

We’re on Apps10 (Update 21) - looks like I’ll need to find an alternative solution.