Question

Purchase Authorisation Acknowledger

• 22 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Dear community.

I would like to use the Purchase Authorisation Acknowledger Authorisation role to allow certain levels  of users to acknowledge a Purchase Req but with no financial limit. I may be mistaken but there appears to be very little documentation on how the Authorisation Role functionality works. 

When i have tried i get an error indication there are not enough steps to authorise the PR, but i just want an acknowledgement. 

Does anyone have any experience with this or any documentation ? Apps9 UP15

Thanks,

David.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @david.harmer ,

Were you able to explore below setup , in order to verify whether its fullfill your business requirement ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Xavier Fernando, thanks for the reply.

My IFS Apps9 UPD15 does not have that option. It has “Include All Steps in Authorisation” checkbox only, but that doesnt appear to control anything to do with Acknowledgers.  There is the option for Authorisation Role in the Purchase Authorisation Basic Data. 

There must be some functionality in Apps9 U15 for this otherwise why would the field be there?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @david.harmer 
The option @Xavier Fernando has mentioned is not available in App 9 version. Can you please mention the exact error message you are receiving? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @david.harmer 

Hope the error you have received is “The authorization routing template does not contain steps with enough authorization limit to cover the purchase amount

I have found an explanation RnD has given before in a similar scenario in App9,

To functionally complete an Authorization Rule, it should need at least one Authorizer within the Authorization Rule. Authorization rule having only Acknowledgers are not supported.
There could be some other requirement to have set of Acknowledgers to carry out some business activity but not within Authorization scope.
So for the correct usage you could add an Authorizer after the group of Acknowledgers. Then you can meet your goal. 
This is how current design works.

So, is it possible to add the user as an Authorizer in Purchase Authorization Basic Data window > Authorization Routing Templates Tab and process the Purchase Requisition?

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha