Question

Posting Acknowledger on PO

• 10 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi all,

I have found very good information about the use of Acknowledger and Authorizer from a previous topic. This is now unfortunately closed for questions, as one has arised for me.

Is it possible to put the Acknowledger on the PO?

In our case, we have PO’s which needs to be approved by the PO requester before we receive the goods or services in the system. This could be done via the Acknowledger role I believe, BUT it will not always be the same person needing to acknowledge as this will change from PO to PO. Is it then possible to put a person as the acknowledger on the PO, so that will be taken into account when invoices is received and is in posting?

And is it further more possible to have an acknowledger before the goods/services has been recieved? As this is also part of our approval process, that the person confirms the amount/quantity is correct.

Hope to recieve some answers to this topic!

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

If I am understanding your question correctly, this should all be update to be handled through the PO Authorization rule. You can have the requisitioner or the buyer set up in your authorization routing template, in this case it will automatically fetch the requisitioner/buyer for the PO. For each authorization step you can define if the person is an authorizer or an acknowledger.

I believe the previous topic you are referring to is talking about the authorizer or acknowledger on an invoice, but the control that you have explained would be set up on the PO authorization. This will allow you to have this control before being able to receive to goods or service in the system.