Question

PO transfer error - Manufacturer ID is mandatory for any PO - IFS 8.0

• 21 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

We have been using IFS Apps 8.0 version there have been no instance where the system will show the pop-up message that Manufacturer ID is mandatory though it is not a mandatory filed in IFS.

Error message - Manufacturer doesn’t exist for so and so part for this supplier.

The above error message comes while processing a PO from PR either directly or through RFQ (Order quotation) process.

Manufacturer ID is associated for any Purchase part in Supplier for Purchase part screen and its not a mandatory field.

Need more insights on this if there’s any internal setting at the Supplier/Site/Company/Purchase Part Basic data which is causing this issue.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Venkat04 ,

I have also not come up with a setting like that. Maybe there’s a custom event defined for a condition like that when creating creating a PO.

Have you checked whether there’s a custom event related to this in the system ?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Venkat04 ,

Could you please let us know the exact error message you are receiving?

I have found a fix  (ID - 122402) that might resolve the issue. 

Here’s the description of the fix, please check if it’s the same issue you are having.

Issue - When trying to create a PO from a RFQ, it gives the  following error message.

Manufacturer does not exist for Supplier XXXX and Part XXXX

Pre-requisites
1) Have a purchase part
2) Have a supplier (S1) for Purchase part for above part with data for “Manufacturer” and “Manufacturer’s part no.”
3) Have a supplier (S2) for Purchase part for above part without data for “Manufacturer” and “Manufacturer’s part no.”

Test plan

1) Create “Purchase Requisition” and add above part with supplier S1.
2) Process the PR through RFQ flow and change supplier to S2 at the RFQ window.
3) Process it to “Order Quotation Approval” window – an error (Manufacturer does not exist for Supplier XXXX and Part XXXX) appear when you approve the line.

R & D Info:
Let the line to be approved from the  “Order Quotation Approval” window and back update the PR line with the new supplier details including “Manufacturer” and “Manufacturer’s part no.”

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Venkat04 ,

Above error reffer about data in following tab of “ supplier for purchase part”

And values are fetched ( could be entered ), when you have relevant data on part master record.

Since there could be many parts to updated, it is better to go with bug ID : 122402 to avoid this error.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Thanks all for answering, I have even found a bug inside IFS I will share the document through my testing in apps8.0

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Venkat04 ,

Thank you for letting us know. Hope the mentioned Bug ID (ID - 122402)  would resolve the reported issue. 

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha