PO Line Delivery Address

• 1 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Community,

We have special request for delivery address one PO. We have lots of parts which needs to be processed by multiple suppliers. for example, part A, in order to receive a part A,

1. i need to place the order to supplier C, part no is C, after C is completed, supplier C will not ship to us, it will be shipped to supplier B.
  2. Supplier C will ship to next supplier B, and in the system, we will have a new purchase part B, and order placed to supplier B. after supplier B completed, supplier B will not ship to us.
  3. Supplier B will ship to next supplier A, and in the system, we will have a new purchase part A, and order placed to supplier A. after supplier A completed, supplier A will ship the final products to us.

we are in APP10 UPD9, in order to fulfill this, every time we need to change the delivery address per purchase order line, since supplier A, B, C, we might purchase other parts which will be ship to us directly, just certain parts.

my question is, is there a solution in APP10 upd 9 could be able to address this scenario?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Ravinatha Ariyarathna 1 December 2021, 07:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

wondering whether APP10 could do address setup by supplier and part.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

I am just thinking that can’t we manage this flow with Internal Purchase Direct sourcing option.

You have a part → Internal Purchase Direct → Next site also Internal Purchase Direct and so on. But for this we have to setup separate sites. May be setbacks with pricing and invoicing as well. If it is possible give a try using this flow.

regards,

Piyal

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Piyal Perera Thank you for your input, but create a new site is not an option. Custom event might be an option. but that need technical scripts.

Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ronhu, I think to achieve your objective, you should define the delivery address in the Supplier for Purchase Part level. Then you will not have to change the delivery address in PO line every time. But in the current design, IFS does not have this capability. So I think you can post this as an idea in the Community Idea page. Also, if you need this immediately, you should go for a customization I think. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Ravinatha Ariyarathna Got you. Thank you for your input.