Question

Pegging is not alllowed when material line is closed error message on work task

• 19 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

A customer of mine is getting the namened error message, when tryiung reporting or close a work task. There are more then one task for whom it is not working. The tasks have several material lines and also purchase requsitions. All Material is issued and all lines are closed, also the requisition is closed. I cant find the reason, why it is possible to close/report other tasks which also have already closed material lines.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @manuela.beetz ,

Can you check the following window for you Work Orders?

If there is still information then teh Work Tasks cannot be closed.

Please have a look there.

BR,

Robert

Badge +5

Hi @EqeRobertK, Yes, there are rows listed in the table for all Work Orders that cannot be closed. But their PO status is cancelled. And I can't make any manual pegging. 

Badge +5

It looks like the customer creates a purchase requisition for an part from the planned material and adds other parts from the material requisition to the purchase order. But then cancels them. In the purchase order, only one part has a reference to the work order. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @manuela.beetz ,

My German is not that good, but this is what I see:

The first PO Line is closed, so this is fully handled until receipt (and maybe also invoiced). 

The two other lines I cannot see where they come from, so really hard to help you.

What version of IFS is this customer?

It can be a bug. In standard IFS 10 UPD13 it is not possible tp cancel a puchase order lines when there is a pegging connected to it. You get an error message:

Maybe this was not the case in previous updates of IFS10, I cannot test that.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Badge +5

After further investigation, the primary error (which is why cancelled lines are listed) is caused by a customization. 

@EqeRobertK  But thanks anyway, the information has led me in the right direction.