Question

Part Description in Purchase Req. header

• 10 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Can the Part Description be added to the header of a Purchase Requisition on a specific Requisitioner? I am trying to eliminate  having to go back and fourth through all of my requisitions to see what equipment is on all of them. It would be nice if the part description shows up on my  Purchase Requisitions module so I can see easily what item is on that Req.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This functionality can be achieved by adding a custom field to PR header. In the meantime, you can use Purchase Requisition Lines window to search using Part description and Requisitioner. Furthermore, it’s possible to save the search and use it again. This functionality can be achieved by adding a custom field to PR header. In the meantime, you can use Purchase Requisition Lines window to search using Part description and Requisitioner. Furthermore, it’s possible to save the search and use it again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Can the Part Description be added to the header of a Purchase Requisition on a specific Requisitioner? I am trying to eliminate  having to go back and fourth through all of my requisitions to see what equipment is on all of them. It would be nice if the part description shows up on my  Purchase Requisitions module so I can see easily what item is on that Req.

Hi, If there are multiple parts in the Purchase Requestion, do you expect all of them to be seen in header? 

Why can't you use an overview window like Purchase Requestion lines? If you need any information from the header level, you can enable such in Purchase Requestion lines overview via a Custom Object. 

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cherellm22,

This is not possible and don’t think it is logical either. A requisition would contain multiple lines and having multiple part descriptions in the PR header is not feasible and does not make sense. Even a custom object (field) will not serve this purpose for multiple lines

As Vimukthi suggested above the best option is to refer Purchase Requisition Lines overview window to see both header and part information.

Regards

Susith