Question

Notify Me 10 - Approval Purchase Requisition Lines

• 26 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hello,

We are presently running IFS Application 10 Update 8 we have the touch app server configured and accessible.  We can successfully run the Aurena Scan IT 10 app and Aurena Notify Me 10 app.  We are properly receiving notifications on the Aurena Notify Me 10 application but we find purchase requisition line authorization behavior strange.   Let me explain. 

We’ve been using purchase requisitions for years and we currently approve the requisition lines within  IFS Enterprise Explorer but we now have many more of our authorizers remote or traveling so we thought we would start testing IFS Aurena Notify Me 10 on Android and IOS phones.

When the users receive a purchase requisition authorization notification they see the entry in the app on their phone with the authorize / reject buttons.  If they click on the notification to view the details they see in the body of the message all the lines on the purchase requisition.  They go back to the top level of the notification and press authorize expecting all lines on the purchase requisition to be authorized which would be great.  Yet IFS only authorizes the first line of the purchase requisition leaving the rest unauthorized.  After 15 to 20 seconds the user will receive a new notification for a purchase requisition authorization for the same requisition.  If they click the approve button again IFS will authorize the second line in the purchase requisition.  This behavior continues until all lines have been authorized.  

What’s confusing is the message sent indicates if they press authorize all the lines on the requisition will be authorized which honestly would be great for us.  If the notification is truly to authorize only a single line of the purchase requisition they why would the user receive notifications for all the lines at once with the line information at the top level of the notification.

As it stands the behavior makes approving a purchase requisition with many lines take a considerable amount of time so much so that our test users do not wish to roll it out unless we can change the behavior to either send a notification per line all a once or allow the user to authorize one notification and automatically authorize all the lines on the purchase requisition.

Is there a way I can adjust the behavior to meet my users requirements?

Regards,

William Klotz

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

This might not be exactly what you are looking for, but maybe you can try using the ‘My Purchase Requisition Line Authorizations’ page in Aurena, instead of using the Notify Me app. You can open this screen on your mobile browser and it will display any PRs that need to be authorized by the logged in user.  You can still filter on this screen as well.This screen also allows you to select multiple records and authorize/reject them.

You can create a shortcut on your phone (Safari on IoS and Chrome on Android) to a specific web page, so for the user this would be very similar as using an app.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Roel

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Roel van Zwieten ,

Thank you for the recommendation we’ll give it a try but I’d like to know if the behavior we’ve observed authorizing purchase requisitions using IFS Aurena Notify Me 10 is seen by others and if IFS has or is going to change the behavior of the touch application.   There are benefits to installing and using apps on phones you just don’t get with utilizing a browser based interface.   I think of my bank where I use the web interface on my desktop but on my phone I use their app which provides a much better experience on the phone than trying to use the web based interface.

Regards,

William Klotz 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi William. 

There is no confguration for the issue you have reported here. It is not supposed to work that way, but in Apps10 UPD8 it might have worked like that due to a bug. 

We have done several corrections around the PR line approving since apps10 UPD8. With Apps10 UPD13 we will also have the possibility to approve/reject on single PO lines, but still have all or nothing for the customer’s that wants to approve/Reject all PR lines. It is just an addition for customers who really needs to approve by single PR Lines.  

Regards

Johan 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @JOOLSE ,

Thank you for the information we’ve been considering moving towards IFS App 10 Update 12 but I may recommend we take Update 13 instead.  Either way it sounds like we need to upgrade to see a change in the behavior of the Notify Me 10 application.

Regards,

William Klotz