Question

MRP - Action Messages

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi,

Im just working my way through some action messages, we have just started using MRP and im quite happy with the majority of the messages and investigating the problem but iv encountered an issue with the ‘ Not Buildable’ message, this is clearly not working as my bom is buildable and the phase in date is 3 years prior so it not date related.

the IFS official definition is ...”The manufacturing structure is not buildable or planable. No shop order requisition was generated.”……

This last sentence worries me a little as it seems a little random.

Am i missing something obvious or is this a bug ?

Thanks in advance

Andy

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Badge +3

Have any of the raw materials or sub-assemblies in your bom been inactivated/obsoleted or phased out?  

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

When you look at the part that have this ‘strange Not Builable’ message - Does the message sometimes fall out for purchased parts?

You can perhaps get some more idea, if you from Mrp Action Proposals, navigate to MRP Part Information screen and look at the part more closely, and look at the dates etc etc in Gross Requirement tab. 

Anyway, I know that there are occurrences when Not Buildable falls out when it is more related to that system does not find any revision.

So please dig deeper and then get back to us at the community :-)

Cheers

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

So, i have 191 lines that say MRP message as not buldable, of those 168 lines are multiple lines of the same parts (from multiple demands) and thse particular partsare a ‘Blow through Part’ (Planning Code P) with a buildable structure but an empty Tentative Routing.

Is the Tentative routing my problem ? if so, for a blow through structure what can i put as there is no operation and i cant make a blank routing buildable.

We used this method to account for components of a chemical mix that doesnt actually go into stock as a finished mix but we need to track the mixture components.

I hope that this is clear !!

Andy

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

An empty tentative routing should not matter. So I don’t think that is the problem!

The P-phantoms, are they defined as Purchased or Manufactured? Just wanted to double check.

If you look into MRP Part Information for a ‘problematic’ P-phantom part and then look into the the Receipts and Deliveries tab. Then look at the Start Date column for the rows that have MRP Make Receipt/MRP Buy Receipt > 0. Just wanted to check if these MRP Start dates makes sense. 

And do you get exploded demand for these P-phantoms?

-Mats

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Mats, thanks for the reply

The p-phantoms are Manufactured and yes i get exploded demand, 

The dates make sense in such that they are relavent and match my demand. I did wonder if there was a rogue demand from <phase in date but this is 2012

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Good, but does the P-part’s MRP Make Receipts gets “exploded” to lower levels?

When I looked at this in the code, I’m looking at Applications 10, which version do you use? Coz there might be a problem with this MRP message in earlier versions…

-Mats

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Mats,

Im using 7.5,

if i understand correctly……………..for the components i can see MRP supply & demand for the components that make up the P-Parts structure.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I have seen this error message if a structure has component parts of type manufactured which do not have any buildable structures.

So even if your BOM is in buildable state, this error message could be triggered. Did you cross check all your component parts in the BOM?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Tharindu Fernando,

I thought of this also but checked and the Boms were all buildable

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Tharindu Fernando,

I thought of this also but checked and the Boms were all buildable

Hi Andygrove,

Then it seems there could be multiple reasons to trigger this issue. I’ll cross check and let you know if I could find any other reason.

Best Regards;

Tharindu Fernando

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

I have seen this error message if a structure has component parts of type manufactured which do not have any buildable structures.

So even if your BOM is in buildable state, this error message could be triggered. Did you cross check all your component parts in the BOM?

@Tharindu Fernando have you seen this message for only the single-level BOM components not being buildable or have you seen it for components at lower levels also?