Question

Moving reserved product in Apps 9 Updt 14

• 4 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to move reserved material in IFS apps 9 by using some customization (Warehouse will be same only bin location will be different) ? Any suggestion for customization steps ?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey Rajan,

we have done this a few times for Apps 9 customers. You should unreserve Stock, store the data in a temp table, move it and then build up the reservations again. Aps10 uses the same logic. The main challenge is the different reservation sources you need to consider  (Customer order, shop order, project, requisition….) as each of those have different reservation functions. If you have access to an Apps 10 environment have a look at how it is done there as orientation.

Regards,

Johannes

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello,

Thank you so much for the suggestion. If you dont mind can you share documentation with me ? I am curious to see how the logic is working behind.

Thank you again.

Badge +1

To Avoid this Issue I think Best Idea be Reserve the stock from predefined logic or reserve area. In case stock is not there so it will be back ordered. Business can move the stock to reserveable area and book the order. Its one of suggestion.

Regards,

Jayram