Question

Motor Industry and Plant Dealer Priority Pricing

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I am looking to utilise IFS standard functionality if possible to handle Motor Trade Priority pricing, where a Purchase Order and Customer Order can have a priority that affects both the price paid to the supplier and the price paid by the customer.  This is dependent on the urgency of the order, but affects the unit price paid for the part (buying and selling), not by adding additional carriage charges for the higher priority orders. Effectively the same purchase part and sales part can have three different unit prices based on the priority set against the line of the Customer order or Purchase Order, the highest priority being Vehicle Off Road (VOR). There does not seem to be a standard way of handling this in IFS which is surprising given how common it is in some industry sectors. Has anyone come across this specific requirement and used IFS in a standard way to solve it?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi,

I think we don’t have a proper solution in the IFS core product to cater for this requirement, but you could try following instructions,

From the selling point of view, you can maintain 3 price sources and then according to your CO highest priority you can connect with customer agreement price then second priority order can use price list price and third priority order can use sales part price.

Price sources are

1. Create a sales part with the price.
  2. Then create a sales price list connect with the above part.
  3. Finally create a customer agreement connect with the above part, make sure Exclude from Auto-pricing check box must be checked.

BR,

Indika

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Many thanks for this. How would I select the different price sources based on the priority of the order ?

I require this at line level, not header level which poses another problem as there is not a priority on the Sales Quotation or Order Line. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi,

Then you can try with two different price lists and sales price for the same part but adding the priority attribute on a CO /SQ line needs a modification. So, we have a custom field facility, therefore you can try it with a technical expert.

BR,

Indika