Question

linking purchase group into supplier

• 27 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi guys, 

I’m looking for a solution to automtically transfer the purchase groups linked to a supplier via the page “supplier for purchase part” into the page “supplier” / into the tab “purchase groups” (path supplier / supplier / purchase / purchase groups). 

So far I learned that it is a manual process to chose the the purchase groups the supplier is responsible for from the list. 

I would be glad if you could help me out with a solution for this. 

Cheers

Matthias  

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,

I actually don’t see purchase group field available in Supplier for Purchase Part. Could you please provide an screenshot?

As first idea, you could write a custom pl/sql block in an event action to be triggered when a purchase group is added in supplier for purchase part, to check if it’s already available in Supplier purchase groups and, if not, add it calling the standard New method.

Regards,

Pilar

Badge +1

Hi Pilar, 

you got me wrong. Purchase group is mentioned in page “"purchase part”. In  page “supplier for purchase part” there is no need of the purchase group. 

I want to understand how the purchase group will be added to the page “supplier” - in my understanding this happens manually. Can this process be automated? 

In my understanding, page “supplier for purchase part” is in just considered as the link between those two pages (supplier and purchase part). 

Thanks and regards

Matthias  

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Matthias,

I’ve got your point now. As far as I know, there is no automatic process to do this. As Purchase Group can be used for many different classification purposes, then that could be the reason why the automation is not done. 

Perhaps a custom defined BPA process could fulfill your request. Or else, the event action mentioned.

Regards,

Pilar