Question

Limit list of accounts in pre posting for our users

• 7 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Is there a way to limit the accounts for all our users in pre posting for purchase requisitions in IFS Cloud? 

I found this topic: Restricting Available Account codes in pre-postings on Material Requisitions | IFS Community  

Is it a similar way in IFS Cloud?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

Yes you can so the same in cloud.

Step 1: In Preposting dialog, for the drop down of Account, use the find.

Step 2: Enter the filter criteria for accounts and save the filter.

Step 3: use filter settings.

Step 4: Change the start up behaviour to use your saved filter.

Result: you only see accounts from the saved filter.

However, as also explained in the previous thread, it does not stop users from using accounts that are not listed.

(If you want to stop users from posting to certain accounts, it is Combination Rules you need to be using. This according to what I know, do not stop you from defining restricted accounts in pre posting)

Hope this helps

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello, Thanks for your response.

But this setting must be made by every specific user? It is nothing we as administrators can force to our users?

BR Johan

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

I have not tried this in cloud yet but it is in user profiles IFS will store column orders, saved filters etc. Please look in to having one profile with required setting and importing this profile setting from other profiles.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

There are no profiles in IFS Cloud, you can’t save those sort of settings and apply it to multiple users.  You could in IEE, but not Aurena.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi both,

Had a quick look and it was possible to export (using a profile for one user) and import (to another user) in my cloud 22R2 environment.

Profile import Cloud

Saved search will look like below

(Learning something new everyday)

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

OK, so lets say you have a 1100 users that is not a solution to manage that many users even if you can reduce the number of profiles to 20 or so.  It is not like making a selection in IEE.