Solved

Is there an accurate way to tell the on hand inventory for a certain day?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Is there an accurate way to tell the on hand inventory for a certain day?

icon

Best answer by Rasika Lakmal 5 May 2021, 11:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can use “Inventory part on hand development” window to track on hand quantities based on days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You can use “Inventory part on hand development” window to track on hand quantities based on days.

Hi @Rasika Lakmal, I was thinking about the same, but when I think how we can get a glimpse of the qty on a ‘certain day’, I think it cannot be limited to the ‘Created date’. Don’t you think?

For example, if a transaction is not created on that day, there won’t be a record. 

Thanks. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

How about finding out the quantities showing for a certain day for the entire warehouse?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura 

Here, created date is the transaction date.  You can use column “On hand quantity after transaction” that shows exact on hand quantity for that day. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura

Here, created date is the transaction date.  You can use column “On hand quantity after transaction” that shows exact on hand quantity for that day. 

Thanks, I agree! :) Maybe then @idolh can use a Custom Object to view the Warehouse in the line. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

But what if I wanted to know quantities showing for the entire warehouse. It will take forever to look each item up one by one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@idolh could you please check whether below window works for you? Warehouse Navigator/Select a Warehouse/ Part in Stock

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

But what if I wanted to know quantities showing for the entire warehouse. It will take forever to look each item up one by one.

You can use Warehouse Navigator for this. 

If you can take a sum of the required column, you can find the total. Date element is also there. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@idolh  If this doesn’t work for you, you may need to add a custom filed to “Inventory part for on hand development window” referring source warehouse. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I have warehouse navigator but I am not seeing where I can choose a particular date.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@idolh  If this doesn’t work for you, you may need to add a custom filed to “Inventory part for on hand development window” referring source warehouse. 

How do I do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@idolh you can use the last activity date. But, Based on your requirement, custom field option will work for you.

Best Regards,
Rasika

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

How do I do a custom field?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@idolh If you wish to proceed with the custom filed/customization you should contact their IFS consulting organization (or official IFS partner) by raising a new case directly to the consulting organization (where this has been made available), or via other channels as nominated by their consulting/partner organization.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@idolh Quantities and amounts given on month end (of statistical period) are shown in following overview windows:
Warehouse Management\Quantity in Stock\Analysis\On Hand Develop per Period
Warehouse Management\Financial Control\Analysis\Inventory Value per Period