Solved

Is it possible block purchase order arrival when Qty Arrival > Qty Order?

• 9 July 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello,

I need to block the purchase arrivals when Qty Arrival > Qty Order. For Purchase Orders with No-Part Order Lines.

So far, I just found the Over Delivery Option in the Site or in Purchase Groups (Procurement Basic Data). However, the system only shows a warning message but allows me to receive.

Is it possible to block?

Thanks,

Regards.

icon

Best answer by Thushitha Chandrasiri 9 July 2021, 14:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @IccMarijB ,

with the below settings in the relevant Purchase Part record, you should be able to achieve this. If error is selected as below, it is not allowed to over-receipt a purchase order than the order qty.

Thanks,

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @ThushAsanka ,

I forgot to mention that I work with Non-Inventory Parts.

Regards.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

As @ThushAsanka mentioned, You need to enable to Perform Check enable and select error  as the option for the Action Non-Authorized and Action Authorized. So you will not be able to receive more than the mentioned qty in the purchase order even if the purchase order is authorized or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @ThushAsanka ,

Regards.

No worries.. It works regardless of whether it is a inventory or non-inventory purchase part

Thanks,

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @ThushAsanka ,

Regards.

No worries.. It works regardless of whether it is a inventory or non-inventory purchase part

Thanks,

@ThushAsanka @Shehan Anurada, I mean:

The system when I register arrival only shows an Information Message:

But allows the arrival.

Thanks for your feedback,

Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @IccMarijB , Ohhh you mean not the non-inventory purchase parts then. It is no parts, which has not been assigned with a Part Number. Since, there is not a specific purchase part record, you can set these settings in the site level as below.

The, you would definitely get the error message, and cannot register the arrival with over-receipt.

Thanks,

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @IccMarijB , Ohhh you mean not the non-inventory purchase parts then. It is no parts, which has not been assigned with a Part Number. Since, there is not a specific purchase part record, you can set these settings in the site level as below.

The, you would definitely get the error message, and cannot register the arrival with over-receipt.

Thanks,

I did so for the screenshots that I sent, and I have the Information Message, but the system allows the arrival.

Is it a bug?

Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @IccMarijB ,

I would suggest you to check below.

First make sure that the tolerance is set as zero (should not be blank) in the site over delivery setting.

Then make sure the Over Delivery (%) column of the relevant PO line has zero. Because, when saving the PO line it fetches the value for this column from the setting in the site at the time of PO line saving. If it is changed after that, it is not reflected in created previously created PO lines (will apply to the PO lines created after that).

Thanks,

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @IccMarijB ,

I would suggest you to check below.

First make sure that the tolerance is set as zero (should not be blank) in the site over delivery setting.

Then make sure the Over Delivery (%) column of the relevant PO line has zero. Because, when saving the PO line it fetches the value for this column from the setting in the site at the time of PO line saving. If it is changed after that, it is not reflected in created previously created PO lines (will apply to the PO lines created after that).

Thanks,

I was taking an old PO.

THANKS @ThushAsanka 

Regards.