Solved

Inventory Part Availability Planning latency when searching

• 8 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello All, 

I have notice what appears to be a latency issue when users are executing IPAP for any given part. When a user runs a search for any part, there is a 2-3 minute delay before the IPAP results are returned. There do no appear to be any long running calls in the system, and there are no scheduled tasks running. It appears to be impacting any part, and seems to be getting progressively worse. 

I’m not sure if there is a setting/configuration to check, or if something may be misconfigured. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by cjohnson 12 October 2020, 14:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

Probably you should contact IFS Support about this issue. When it comes to performance in IPAP it could be good to mention in which area of the application you think you have most data:

For example;

• we have ‘millions of purchase order lines’
  • we have tons of customer order lines.
  • or we use IFS Project a lot and we have a huge number of project activities out there...

FYI - I know we have patched a fix in this area quite recently, which could be interesting for you. The LCS case ID is  G2108270 and it is patced for both Apps9 and Apps10.

Good Luck!

-Mats

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@majose Thank you for the response. We were able to diagnose the issue after some internal research. The issue was related to server resource availability and some incorrect planning parameters on inventory parts. After these corrections were made, our Network MRP runtime dropped down to minutes (it had been taking an increasingly longer amount of time to finish) and IPAP returned results significantly quicker.