Question

Inventory Management- "Inventory Part in Stock" Report

• 1 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

Can anyone let me know whether we have any report or method to check the Inventory part in stock details based on past date?

For example, Inventory Part in Stock for 31/12/2022 date?

Thanks in advance.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ProShiraA , I believe you will be able to check the stock balance at the end of December, 2022 from “Inventory Value per Period” window. From this window, you can see the inventory value and qty at the end of each statistic period. However, you cannot see the stock balance in the middle of a past period from this window. To update inventory statistics, you need to run the “Aggregate Inventory Transactions per Period” job.

If you need to see the stock balance in a middle of a past period, you may use Inventory Part On Hand Development window. But from this window, you can only see the details of one individual part.

Thank you.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi @ProShiraA ,

A Suggestion ,

you can create a custom table , and schedule a task which will fill the table every end of the day ,

And you can select inventory stock each day until you fill table 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi,

we import every night all data from INVENTORY_PART_IN_STOCK (IPIS) into tables in the DataWareHouse with tablename_yyyy_mm_dd.
Then we compare the difference to a “delta” table every night.
So the “comes and goes” of every part is documented in this delta table.
If you want to see the exact point, you can use the “snapshot” - table in the DWH.
Also we create “monthly” snapshots.

What should I say? I love DWHs! :-)

All the best.

Michael