Question

Incoming PO Confirmation - Site field empty

• 15 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Community, 

Can any explain why the SITE field would be empty on the Incoming PO Confirmation Message

This is APPS 9

Thanks in advance. 

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Kev3458,

As far as I could see in the code, if the PO confirmation comes from an external supplier, they will probably won’t send such Site information in the EDI message, as they probably don’t know it. Then, if this value doesn’t come in the corresponding field (C02) of HEADER line, the Site value will be kept in blank, as system doesn’t retrieve it later from the purchase order number. 

The system just search for Order No to get the corresponding values needed to Approve the message and then confirm que corresponding purchase order.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Pilar, 

Thanks for the response. 

This setup is inter-company, inter-site setup and we have a current setup that actually works as we would expect. The issue following on from this is that the Purchase Order Confirmation, once approved, does not confirm the PO. Do you think this is connected? 

Our example of this would look like this: 

Company US, Site 20 places a PO via MHS on Company UK, Site 19. 

Company UK Site 19 approves the order and send a PO Confirmation via MHS

Company US Site 20 receives the PO confirmation (with missing SITE info)

Company US Site 20 approves the PO

Purchase Oder should be confirmed but it is not. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

According to my tests in APP10, I can confirm my PO was Confirmed even after I manually remove the Site from the incoming confirmation. 
In your screenshot, I can see the status is still Received. If you manually Approve, would it still make the PO confirmed, or not?

If this is a problem about automatic confirmation, consider checking the Incoming Confirmation parameters in the Supplier > Purchase > Message Defaults and Site > Sales and Proc > Message Defs 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Vimukthi, 

Thanks for the response.

We have 2 problems.

First the Site info is missing on the incoming PO confirmation message.

Second, when the approval of the PO Confirmation is executed with or without the SITE, the PO does not get the Confirmed Status. This is the main problem. 

All steps are manually for the approvals. 

Thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Kev3458 ,

If that’s the case, then please create a support case so the problem can be further analyzed. There are some bug fixes related to Site field in Incoming PO Confirmation, but no one refers to this approval without PO being confirmed.

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Can you send us screenshots of your Supply Chain Order Analysis for the order flow?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Pilar

Good to know about the bug fixes. At least i have something to explain that. 

@ Vimukthi,