Question

IFS Purchase Req Consolidation

• 3 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello community! Our company is experiencing an issue and we are looking for some help from the team. When we run MRP, our purchase requisitions are being created with wanted delivery dates short of lead time if there is already a confirmed purchase req in existance that has not been received yet. IFS is assuming that we can simply consolidate these POs, even though the new demand does not give enough lead time. Is there a setting that will allow all new purchase reqs to create at lead time regardless of other open purchase reqs existing? EXAMPLE BELOW

Today is 6/3

Part has a 40 day lead time.

There is a purchase req already existing that was created on 5/19 that is due 6/28

New demand is introduced, mrp runs, and a new purchase req is created today (6/3) with a wanted delivery date of 6/28 instead of 7/13 (40 day lead time)

IFS is assuming that I can consolidate the POs, however, I am now only giving 25 days lead time for the new demand. 

Is there a setting that is turned on that is causing this to happen? Why would the new PO not show a wanted delivery date of 7/13 (40 day lead time) instead? 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

When MRP explodes down through the BOM, it happily creates SO Req and PO Req past due! Yes it is true. You get MRP action messages like: Plan Supply is Past Due and/or Plan Supply Start Date is Past Due. Have you searched for these messages in MRP Action Proposals? You get the Plan Supply Start Date is Past Due message when the due date is in the future, but planned start date is in the past.

These messages helps you to identify unrealistic demand plans. I mean something is driving the MRP engine. I.e Customer Order Line demands and/or Forecasts.

But perhaps you can shorten the lead time from time to time… changing mode of transport, work during a weekend…

This just the way the MRP engine is designed, like it or not.

From Actions Proposals screen you can navigate to MRP part information for the component and then look in the “Bottom-up” tab and analyze what is causing MRP to start production/procurement in the past.

I say; work actively with MRP Actions messages. Then you will learn about MRP strengths ans weaknesses.

Finally here are my favourite MRP Messages - good to use when creating saved searches:

Early Order

Late Order

Remove Order

Negative Projected Onhand

Demand is Past Due

Supply is Past Due

Plan Supply is Past Due

Plan Supply Start Date is Past Due

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Wanted receipt date will be calculated based on the Latest Order day that will use lead times mention in the Supply chain Matrix. Please use following steps

1. Go to From External Supplier tab in Supply chain Matrix for site page.

2. Create new line and add delivery address and Ship-via used in Customer Order.

3. Then fill values for External Transport Lead Time, Transport Lead Time and Internal Transport Lead Time

4. calculate purchase lead time

5. Save it and create new CO line

5. Then run MRP

It will be easier if the same user is converting the PRs into a POs and changing the date as well because system indicates the earliest possible PO Receipt date when a PR is converted to a PO.