Solved

How is the relation between Sales Quotation and Inventory Part Availability Planning?

• 21 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello Community,

How could I find the relation between Inventory Part Availability Planning and Sales Quotation?

In the Inventory Part Availability Planning, 

There are many options for a single part no. So how could I know the one that belongs to the Sales Quotation?

For example, in the Inventory Part Availability, there are 15 options. Which one belongs to the Sales Quotation S1631 on the second screenshot? Please , could you kind and provide screenshots with your answer? 

Thanks,

JL

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 21 December 2021, 16:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

A quotation is not real demand, I wouldn’t expect to see any indication of a relationship on I P A P for a quotation.  Requisitions can be made to be considered as supply, but I’m not aware of a way to make sales or work order quotations appear as demand.  Nor can I imagine why you would want to unless you have a more than 80% conversion rate of quotation to order.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@ShawnBerk What I want is how to grab the Planner data. The relation between the part_no and the Planner. 
I need to make a custom field on the Sales Quotation named Planner. Could you direct me to what other page I could find the relation between the part no and the planner data? 

Thanks

JL

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

OK, that is more clear then for the requirement.

The best place to mirror that information then would be from the Inventory Part.  You will however need to select the Planner based on both the Part Number and the Site as it could be different if you have multiple sites using the same part number.

This may be why you were seeing multiple versions of the part on IPAP (differences per site).  On IPAP, you also might have seen different versions of the part per project which is not helpful or required for quotes.