Solved

How could I find the part no's price per material requisition line?

• 24 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello IFS Community,

I am trying to find the part no’s price per material requisition line. According to the help, I can search the Inventory Part or Non-inventory part. However, when I multiple the quantity time Unit Price, the total is different from Total Amt/Base:

For example, Material Requisition 337

Screenshot 1

If I search the part no  “16AAE0020” in the Inventory Part, the cost is $49.16

Screenshot 2

Total := 49.16 * 3 =>147.48  according to the screenshot 1 the total amount is $84.87

My two questions are:

1-how could I find the Purchase Order associated with the Material Requisition 337?

2-how could I find the part no’s price “16AAE0020” in the  Material Requisition line? See screenshot 1 for more details.

I will appreciate if you could provide screenshot with your answer.

icon

Best answer by Manoj Balasooriya 24 October 2021, 10:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

When you create a material requisition, you have to choose how you supply the material whether you are going to purchase it via a purchase order or you will supply it from your inventory. Check the column ‘Supply code’ in the material requisition line. From your screenshot it seems it is ‘Inventory order’. Therefore, there is no purchase order.

Supply Code
The supply code determines if the parts should be acquired from stock (standard inventory or project inventory) or be purchased. The value entered in the Default Mtrl Req Supply field on the Inventory Part/Acquisition tab determines which default supply code will be used on the material requisition. The possible values are:

Inventory Order: The material will be issued from a standard inventory. If you connect the line to a project activity and set the supply code to Inventory Order, the material will be issued from the standard inventory on behalf of the connected project activity.
Project Inventory: If you connect the line to a project activity and set the supply code to Project Inventory, the material will be issued from the project inventory of the connected project activity.
Purchase Order: A purchase requisition will be generated automatically.

If you select purchase order, a purchase requisition will be created. Then you have to process the purchase requisition and create a purchase order from the purchase requisition. 

Answer to question 1:

If you RMB on the material requisition line>and select ‘Purchase information’, you can view the purchase requisition/purchase order number.

Answer to question 2:

Help text says:

For inventory parts, the line cost is calculated by multiplying the relevant inventory transaction costs for the line by their applicable quantities if the line is in Closed state. Otherwise, it is calculated by multiplying the inventory unit cost and the quantity.

Your material requisition is in closed state. Therefore, the unit cost is taken from the cost used for the relevant inventory transactions. Please find the relevant inventory transaction for this material requisition in ‘Inventory transaction history’ or ‘inventory transactions history’ screen and check the cost used. 

Search for the inventory transaction using the material requisition number for the order ref 1 field.

And then check whether the inventory cost and the total cost are matching with the Total amt/base in the material requisition.