Question

Hide Customers from List of Values

• 18 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Is there a way to archive or close customers so that they do not appear on any list of values search?

We are looking to use the Service Quotation functionality and when opening the list of values we a customer list of 1600.

A number of these customers will no longer be active but I cannot see how to set a customer to expired or closed, so that they no longer appear on lists of values.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi There 

I don't think there is a way to hide them as such but there are fields on the customer record you can use to close/expire a customer. 

One way is to set all addresses with a valid to date or there is a expiry date filed, I think it's on the order tab.

Then use a saved search to exclude records that have a valid to or expiry date before SYSDAYE.

Cheers

Lee

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey Harley,

I think Lee is right. I am not really good in Service, but as far as i see it in the views of the LOV there aren’t many where conditions added to restrict the selection. I would go with Lees suggestion to create a saved query. If you then add this saved search as default when opening the LOV you will still have your wanted result. Add this to your base profile and it will be used for all users.

In case you don’t know how to add a saved query to an LOV (it’s an unutilized function imo):

1. Open LOV, click on search and enter your search. In your case it would probably need to be a small SQl statement.
  2. Save the Query under any name

3.  In the LOV do a right mouse button → Properties

4. Set to “Use Saved Search”

Now everytime you open the LOV it will automatically open filtering the values by your query. You will still get all values when you click on “Populate” or run a new query so it’s not perfect. Still, maybe it helps.

/Johannes

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi All,

This solution has worked. Thank you for the suggestion.