Question

Direct Delivery with Intercompany - Return to Supplier

• 15 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

Env: Cloud 23R2

Question around Direct Delivery via Interco process (similar topics found on here)

Project #123

Company A & B

Intercompany PO (A) raised against Project 123 creating Intercompany CO (B)

Supply Code on CO is Purch Order Dir - creating external PO on (B)

Register Direct Delivery is performed, closing external PO, delivering Interco CO and Closing Interco PO.

If the Material is to be returned to the supplier, RMA is to be created on Interco CO (B) and Register Direct Returns is processed. 

What is missing?  Do I need to do a Supplier return on Interco PO (A) via Reg Inspection Results? I tried, but when trying to process the Supplier Shipment I get :

ORA-20110: ShipmentRcptReturnUtil.INTERNTRANSNI: It is not allowed to Return for Credit when Internal Order Supply is used.

Thanks

James

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @WyrJamesG, this error is normally raised when you are trying to return for credit to a supply site in the same company. Since there are no invoices sent between inter-site orders in the same company, you cannot return an inter-site PO for credit.  

If you don't want a replacement part, you can just scrap the part upon arrival.  If you physically don't want the part in your stock, you'll have to do an inter-site order in reverse ship the part back to the other site (e.g. through a distribution order).