Solved

Demand Planner (Demand Planner Client, IEE, Aurena)

• 16 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,  Our customer who is running APP10 UPD11 have recently installed DP Server and client. Below is the question received from customer. Any one have answer for below question:

“” I have a couple of questions that I would like to better understand and to grasp the best approach on which Demand Planner tool should be used.

I have installed the Demand Planner Client on my machine and have been able to connect to it and it seems to be working now. The desktop version of the Demand Planner is what I understand to be the “Native” version of the IFS Demand Planner Solution.

There is also the Demand Planner in the IFS APPS10 IEE application which can be used as well and the same exist in Aurena.

My question is this?

Is there any difference between these 3 versions in functionality or anything technically that would not allow HF to use them interchangeably?

I would greatly appreciate if you could assist me with these questions as I’ve not been able to identify it in any of the IFS documentation.

“”

icon

Best answer by Janandi Vishaka 17 August 2021, 05:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

IEE ,aurena, demand client all these acts as clients for the demand server. Once you connect the demand server to a DB, IEE, aurena, demand client can be used to do changes. But there some differences as well. From IEE or aurena clients you can do the setting up for demand plan server this part cannot be done from demand client. From IEE or aurena go to demand plan server window and set up the forecast server based on your requirement. The forecast server id which we setup in IEE or aurena is used when setting up demand server.

Once the demand server(app) is connected to a particular forecast server, IEE or aurena can be used to run the demand server jobs. You cannot run the jobs from demand client.

But any changes by running the demand server jobs will be reflected in all 3 clients.

You can use any of these clients as required. But let’s say if you do a change right now in IEE client and need to check that in demand client. At this moment it will not show in the demand client you need to restart the demand client or run the refresh DP data or complete refresh dp data jobs and  restart the demand client to get the relevant change visible.

Hope this information helps. Please refer the attached training document also.

Best Regards,

Vishaka

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Janandi, Thanks for the prompt reply. I will send the answer to the customer. 

Thanks!

Uma