Solved

Demand Forecasting with IPR Data

• 3 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi all,

Please I would be obliged if someone can help me understand how to connect the IPR data to the demand planner when performing forecasting . The purpose of this question to enable me perform Inventory  re - balancing among distribution network . Thanks 

Julius 

icon

Best answer by anbouk 4 March 2021, 12:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Julius,

Here is a document which covers all of the IPR functionality and how it is used with the different features in IFS. It also covers when data is used in demand planning so hope that it helps.

Regards,
Antony

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thank you very much for the resource .. it is very helpful. The purpose of my request is that I am part of team  deploying IFS 10 in  an organization that current using SAP and and other tool for Demand forecasting . The process is very different in IFS and I am looking for how to reconcile the two systems , I have read a lot of resources but I felt I need a process of how  I can integrate the data from SAP and the Forecasting tool ( MCA/SIO) into IFS. I am just wondering if someone has experienced this type of project before and can help with how the demand planner and the forecasting client pull data from all the master data ( CRM, Vendor and Material Masters ) considering inventory on hand and other Parameters to generate effective demand plan  and forecast. Thanks 

Julius

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Further to my help above , we are struggling in set up our base flow ; we do not know whether to set it by customer or by part for forecasting purpose. Please we can use some help in setting up our base flows, combined flows and master flows . should we use by Parts or by customer o by Location . Have in mind we have over 50000 parts to forecast and  thousands of customers globally. Thanking you all for your help.

Julius 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

I always tend to suggest setting up the flows at the lowest level given the fact that you can combine them in any number of ways as shown below…

If you do them at a higher level and the business requirements change then it would be more difficult to plan at the right level.

Not sure that exactly answers your question since I don’t the the specifics, but hope it gives you an option.

Regards,

Antony

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thank you so much for your help!