Solved

default location

• 15 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi everyone. I kindly ask for your help. How can i assign a location for a site as default? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 16 April 2021, 13:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

As far as I’m aware you cannot assign a default inventory location for a site.

You can assign default inventory locations for an inventory part at Inventory part window > Default locations tab.

However you can define a default shipment location at site level from Site > Extended Site info> Sales and Procurement > General tab.

Badge +2

Thanks a lot. I do material receipts on Procurement>Receipt>Register Arrivals. But i have to choose locations on each line, which is to difficult for me. There is only one warehouse defined in the site where I do material receipts. It would be great for me if I could define a warehouse for each site by default and system fills this location field in by default.

As you said, I can assign default inventory locations for an inventory part but I can’t do that on “Site” side. Am am using IFS since 2 moths and I am not much experienced. Any help from you will be very valuable to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I would talk to the folks in your organization responsible for the part setup - either engineers or planners, they should be assigning the default location as part of the initial part setup.  If they don’t do their part, then yes, you will have to fill in the location number for every part on every receipt.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi everyone. I kindly ask for your help. How can i assign a location for a site as default? Thanks.

I may be too late to the conversation, and you did not specify which version you are running, but in Apps10, there is a page called Receipt Locations.

From the Documentation:

Use this window to connect default locations to a site.

These are used when no default locations are specified in the inventory part record.

Note that default locations specified in the inventory part record take precedence over the default locations entered here.

The following location types can be connected as default locations to a site: Arrival and Quality Assurance.