Question

Customer invoice reprint

• 26 February 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi, 

I have several customers who want to reprint an invoice for a customer order because the price is not right, with the sales part.

here is my feed: creation of the customer invoice debit ---- customer invoice credit  --- reprinting of the invoice by modifying the price of the items .

in ifs it is not possible to reprint an customer invoice with the same sales parts  by modifying the price ... so how to do? 

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi,

I feel what you are trying to do here is not fundamentally right. The Invoice is based on the customer order and if you are trying to change the invoice value there would be a discrepancy between the order delivery value and the invoice?

Instead you can create a correction invoice?

Regards

Susith

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Yes then how to do if there is a price error and the customer wants an customer invoice in accordance with the sales part, price and qty., would 'it be possible to create a correction invoice by deleting the lines in negative

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes, this will create a reversing entry for the original qty, price and a correction invoice for the new qty, price

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

yes but for the moment it is not possible to delete the negative lines in the corrective invoice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Can you send me a screenshot of the lines you wish to remove ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi Franck,

I think that line is kept for the auditing purpose to indicate the original invoice line has been reversed. And this cannot be removed. Otherwise there won’t be a trace that the original line has been modified.

Regards

Susith

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

ok ... what's the solution then?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Issue a credit invoice, create a new customer order with the updated price on the part (we do this in a non-inventory site else you would need to do an RMA to return the inventory and issue it again on the new order), issue a new invoice against the new customer order.