Question

Currency Rate - Error // Purchasing

• 9 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi Community,

Good day. 

I need help. I am on the purchasing side of the company, and there is a 'Currency Rate' error occurring for these two specific items.

I would like to know where I should go to fix it. 

Our Currency is USD for all the transactions.  

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

The Currency Codes and corresponding rates have to be setup, even for USD.  The currency rate for USD is simply 1, but it has to be setup in order for any currency related transaction to function.  This is basic data which should be setup, especially if this is a live system.

Next place to check is the Supplier for Purchase Part for the two parts, they should have a currency associated with them as well.  It shouldn’t have been possible to finish setting them up without it.

The requisitioner on the two parts is Customer Order, so it is possible that the currency on the customer order is in a currency other than USD and then when the requisition was created it attempted to carry through to the SfPP and Vendor connected, but the part and/or supplier are not setup to use that currency so when it transferred to the req and then the PO, it dropped the rate.

Several places to check, but it is missing or wrong in one of those places which ultimately puts it on the PO wrong.  After fixing the source of the problem, you’ll need to manually fix the lines of the PO as well.

Customer > Customer Order > Requisition

Currency Code > Supplier > Supplier for Purchase Part > Requisition > Purchase Order

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @MC12 ,

We had this issue recently and we noticed after further investigation that currency rate type information has not been fetched while creating the PR for whatsoever reason.

In order to resolve this issue, you can cancel the PR and re-create it and then PO can be created without any error.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V