Create FA Object Check Box on PO functionality

• 19 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 24 replies

Hi There

Can anyone provide me with some info as to how this is meant to function and where, how the Set up happens in IFS Please,

i have searched online documentation and was not able to find anything relevant or near

Thank You so much,  appreciated

icon

Best answer by FNSMITHUN 20 June 2023, 02:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @MonaL,

By enabling this check box, a Fixed Asset object will be created when releasing the purchase order. To enable this check box, you need to connect the purchase group of the purchase part to object group in the object basic data of the fixed asset.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you, Mithun, the same check box exists in Purchase Requisition, is the intended functionality set up the same? and where do I set this up.

once it is set up is it simply to create a PR and RMB or Reposting…

is it not intended for Rotable Pool  only or can it be used for Normal assets

Thank You

Mona 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @MonaL ,

The check box in purchase requisition line has the same functionality as purchase order line. Setup will remain same as mentioned in my previous comment you need to connect the purchase group of the purchase part to object group. Once this is setup then its a standard PR to PO process and FA object will be created once PO is released. You can create the normal assets as well.

Regards,

Mithun K V

A follow up question to this subject. How is the acquisition value assigned to the object when created by the PO?