Solved

Create customer order from purchase order line

• 13 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

How to create customer order from purchase order ?  I would like to know what basic data setup is needed to setup the functionality in IFS Aurena

icon

Best answer by Sameera Perera 13 April 2021, 04:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @RajanKhatri7 

I believe you are referring to the inter-site flow setup?. The basic data setup is similar to IEE.

• You need to have an internal supplier and internal customer created
  • Messaging setup defined for both internal supplier and customer
  • The inventory part must be created in both sites
  • Sales part must be created under Supply site
  • Create the PO in demand site and Send it to the supply site
  • ​This will create an internal CO in the supply site
  • You can view this from PO Line> Supply Chain Order Analysis

There you can see the created internal CO

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi, In case if you are not referring to Inter site flow, the following will be applicable.

"Create customer order from purchase order"  is possible via External service orders as well.

External service orders is a process flow that uses a purchase order to specify the external maintenance or repair service for a given part and then converts the purchase order to a customer order to ship the part.

The Order Code: 6 (i.e. External Service Order code) must be used to enable External service order functionality. When the purchase order is released, the customer order flow will be started

Prerequisites:

1.The supplier needs to be assigned a customer ID (Use the Supplier window, Customer No field in Purchase-> General tab to enter the supplier's customer number)

2.The purchase part to be sent to the supplier has to be converted to a sales part so you can use the Customer Order purchase component method. (i.e. the purchase part must have sales part status)

3.External Service Allowed should be ticked in Supplier for Purchase Part screen

For further details, please refer to About External Repair Orders section available at F1 help documentation

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Susith,

Thank you for the information. I was looking for the external service order flow which was explained by Sameera.

Hi Sameera,

Thank you for the instructions. It is really helpful.