Question

Consolidating Shipments for 2 sites.

• 2 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

It doesn't appear we can easily combine shipments from two sites into one.  Consolidated shipments appear to only look at a single site and it won't let me assign a shipment from one site into a shipment in another site.  Does anyone know of a workaround? 

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @KLAVALLEY ,

We cannot consolidate two shipments in different sites. Only shipments with same site can be consolidated into one.

I am attaching here below the documentation explanation which confirms it.

If it’s practically happening in a company, I think, one site is to be defined as a warehouse in the same site, other than defining two different sites, for this to be worked within the application.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Have you considered using a Supply Code of Int Purch Dir (Internal Purchase Direct): The customer order line will be supplied from an internal supplier. When the customer order is released, a purchase order is created automatically. The goods will be delivered directly to the customer.

It is really the only way I know of to ship items from one site yet have the customer order and invoice from a different site.  It will however require intersite setup to be in place between the two sites.