Question

Connected Purchase / Shop Order Requisitions

• 19 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

We have an issue where we are ordering items - let’s focus on ordering, but same case may come when we are manufacturing them inhouse - which should be order in sets.

Lets say that there is set S with part no A & B

A & B are different part nos in our warehouse, we need to have them separately

Then, if for some reason, we get more part of A than B and there is same demand for both, we are getting a requisition Purchase order only for B

but supplier is not accepting this order cause we can’t order a standaalone B product, we must order it always together with A

is there a solution for that in IFS ? Like if we have demand for part B we always needs to get SAME demand for part A ?

I know that Purchase sttructures can work in similar way but we have had a problem with Dissassembly this Set S into 2 separate products A & B. Like maybe it was doable  but still quite of additional work

What do you think about that ?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I had the same problem with a customer once. As far as I know there is no functionality available for that. But as the customer was not using automated order processing, we simply added a custom event to warn before order release. Then the missing part could be added manually.

Hope that helps a bit...

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Every answer helps, even that that there is no functionality for this :)

thanks