Solved

cancel work orders generated via condition

• 12 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Community,

mistakenly ran the condition generation command without mentioning the Equipment ID, which leads to generating multiple Work orders so my question here is is it possible to cancel these work orders from inside the PM Action in a way that will not affect the PM sequence.??

Thanks a lot in advance

icon

Best answer by EqeRobertK 12 January 2023, 13:21

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

HI @Hashmit ,

You can cancel the work from the maintenance plan tab of the PM Action:

This will cancel the work task and will open the maintenance plan line for new generations.

This function works for calendar, condition and event based work.

Hope this will help,

Robert

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

HI @EqeRobertK ,

Got a situation here, the multiple work orders are generated via the condition and the WO’s are connected to a rule id hence only one WO is removed and the remaining are in the canceled status 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Hashmit ,

What is exactly you issue?

I checked this and I noticed that only the work task related to the PM Action is set to cancelled, the others are still open. If you want to cancel all Work Tasks, you need to cancel this from the Maintenance plan of the PM Action. In ‘Maintenance Plan Analysis’ you can search for all PM Actions for that Work Order. You need to cancel the related work per PM Action.

Please let me know what you expect,

Robert

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

created one work order for 3 pm actions and it is ruled by object id, cancelled one from the maintenance plan however, it got cancelled from other PM actions as well however the status is cancelled for the remaining 2 PM actions. the one from which I had cancelled the reference was removed however not removed from the other 2. If need more clarification e can connect 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Hashmit ,

My test was in IFS10 IEE and there only the Work Task which is cancelled is set to cancelled. The others remains open. What IFS version are you working in? It sounds like a bug to me.

@Thommy , Do you know this?

Thanks,

Robert

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

mine too is IFS IEE

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Hashmit , Do you know which version and which update?

I have an IFS Demo environment which is IFS10 Update 13, you can chekc this in the ‘Installed Components’:

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi, I did a quick test and if the result is one WO with several work tasks then the ‘Cancel Work’ command on the maintenance plan line will result in the cancellation of the related work task (and the removal of the reference on the maintenance plan line) and not the WO (see attached picture).

@Hashmit the screen shots from you is not the result that I would expect by using ‘Cancel Work’ command. Is the setup that you are trying to cancel (one WO with several work tasks coming from different PM Actions)? If so then this seems to go wrong. Will be good to get information on which update you are on.