Question

Can We Change Price Conversion Factor After Receipt?

• 10 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello, I have a question regarding the price conversion factor. I want to explain this through an example.

For example we have a purchase order(raw material), its 1000mm and about 2kg but its not possible to know the weight exactly. Because when the supplier cut the material; the amount may vary slightly(for ex. 2.2kg). So the price of the material can be change too.

The invoice can reach us after a few days. But when the material comes to us, we need to receive it without waiting for the invoice so that we can consume.

If we receive it as 2 kg, we cannot change the order amount when the invoice arrives. We have to cancel and receive it again, but this is a serious waste of time. How can I change the price conversion factor after we receive the materials.Or if anyone has a solution for this issue and shares it, I would be very pleased.

Thank you very much in advance.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

It is a transactional process, if you want the inventory to be accurate, the amount received has to match what is going into inventory as part of the receipt.  Cancelling and re-entering is the only way to keep the transaction accurate.

If you are paying by weight of the raw material, there would have to be a quantity that can be adjusted at the point of receipt if there is a variation to the quantity delivered in order to catch this on the first receipt.