Question

Are there any way of connection between Customer Order and Part Serial?

• 4 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello IFS Community,

My goal is to find the unique Part Serial for a specific Sale Part No that belongs to a particular Customer Order.

When I search a Sale Part No in the Part Serial page, I can have hundreds of Part Serials. See screenshot for details. I am searching for Part No = ‘B144153A’  the result was many Serial No

How could I find the unique Part Serial that belongs to Part No that belongs to Customer Order?

See screenshot for details. What will be the unique Part Serial to the Part No 10027685?

Could you please add screenshots to your answer? Then, it will be easier for navigation and understanding.

We are using IFS 9.

Thanks,

JL

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

If you go to Inventory Transactions History screen and search for the customer order/line no using order ref 1, order ref 2 fields you can see the serial nos connected to the each order line.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA ,

1. If your CO is in the ‘Reserved’ state, RMB on the CO line → Manual Reservation

Go to Manual Reservation Details and there you will which serial numbers have assigned to this particular CO

1. If not, you can go to ‘Inventory Part in Stock’ → View Reservations → It will indicate you to which CO the serial nos are assigned

If not you can directly use ‘Inventory Part in Stock Reservations’ window and search by using the CO no. So that you will find the same information

You can use above options until the Co goes to ‘Delivered’ state

1. Then may be you can use Inventory Transaction History window, search for the Order No, and there it gives an overview of the CO ref and serial no details

Thanks!

Hope this helps

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Manoj Balasooriya 

@Lakmini Weerakoon 

Thanks so much to both of you. 

Your answers really helped me.

Both are correct!.

Thanks,