Question

Apps9: Payment Advice failing on occasion when emailing to supplier

• 16 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

We have some strange things happening where SOME payment advice will fail when sending to the supplier. The application message states - ‘Mail address 'To' field is not specified’.

Application Message when payment advice is ordered

Setup for one of the suppliers affected

It appears to be a little random.

We may perform a run of 500 payments and 50 or so can fail stating there is no ‘To’ address specified even though the IFS documentation setup has been followed:

http://vm-ifsapp-01.brett.co.uk:62080/ifsdoc/documentation/gb/default.htm?openpage=http://vm-ifsapp-01.brett.co.uk:62080/ifsdoc/documentation/gb/Enterp/frmSupplierInfo.htm

Anyone

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What IFS Version and update number are you on?  There are some known bugs with this exact error.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

What IFS Version and update number are you on?  There are some known bugs with this exact error.

Its UPD17

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @BLLBrucemo 

Do you have an event action defined for this and if so there in To field have you included &PDF_PARAMETER_1

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @BLLBrucemo 

Do you have an event action defined for this and if so there in To fieldhave you included &PDF_PARAMETER_1

Thanks Dhananga, yep. The ‘to’ field does have &PDF_PARAMETER_1

I have tried using report rules instead, but seems same issue! grrr

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Bump.

We are seeing this as well, and have configured our suppliers correctly.

I am confused about the Event Action -- is a Custom Event actually needed here? I do not see one for us, and payment advice emails have been going out correctly in the past.

Did anyone figure this issue out? We are seeing the exact same thing in the App Message log.

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@BLLBrucemo were you able to find a solution for this? We have the same issue where we too use a report rule for the payment advice email. In our case I noticed this is happening specifically for one of the three companies we have. So my suspicion was on their mail server. However with this query you have posted, I’m wondering if the issue we are having is the same as yours.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi All,

As the issue is happening randomly, I believe this might be connected with a load/amount of application messages processes at any given time. Anyway, it is better you can report the case to IFS support to identify the exact issue. Rather Finance team, I believe this should be investigated by the Framework team as it seems connected with the mail server.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I can’t get to your document but we have had similar issues with customer order invoices failing with the same message.  It came down to one field on the customer order a user could/had manually amended which over-wrote the default (required) information from a list of values.  Is there any such field on the Payment transaction/order?

Linda