Question

Apps 10 Canceled Purchase Requisitionconnected to work order does not allow me to Finish the work order

• 15 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

In Apps 10, how do you move work order to finished status with a canceled purchase order connected to the work order?  The Requisition tab remains in Released status.  Need to close this in order to move the work order to finished status.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I tested this a bit.

When cancelling the PO you will get a message asking you ‘Reopen Purchase Requisition Line(s) and Connected Approval Quotation Line(s)? YES/NO’.

1. If you are answering YES then you will either be able to create a new PO from the requisition line or just delete the line(s) and the header and in that way you can set the WO to finish.
  1. If you answer NO then you should have ended up with a closed requisition header and line with status ‘PO Created’. In this case you will be able to finish the WO without doing anything with the requisition.

Since you have the requisition in Release status then I assume you answered YES and then go with 1 above.

If you answered NO and still have the requisition in Release status and the requisition line in PO Created status you are in trouble and must have stubbled across a bug. 

Have a look a the status on the requisition line. If it is Released or Planned you can just delete the line and move on from there.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thank you!