Question

Reports Showing Remarks for Each Action?

• 22 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello - We are using AssystWEB 11.1 and need a report that shows the remarks for just one action type. I can’t find a canned report for this. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Do you mean a backend SQL query? If so I am sure I must have a version of this somewhere

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @coker-b 

There isn’t currently an out-of-the-box report that pulls action data (other that counts). This was mainly due to the amount of data this could end up being pulled from the database, particularly on the Wizard Templates where the data could then be discarded if that field wasn’t used.

There is a new Actions Template on the horizon that has only really been feasible as we are now applying trimming of the SQL (dynamic rewriting of the SQL, data set and bindings) to limit the data pulled to only that required by the report. Unfortunately this Action Template does not get the action remarks but if it was extended to do so it would be able to pull them for only the action type(s) selected.

I will speak to Product Management regarding extending the Actions Template to include action remarks.

(Please note that this template would not work well on v11.1 as it includes support for 11.2 and later - though you can get round it by making sure you do not select fields not in your schema. e.g. Lane from from the Work Manager which was introduced in 11.2)

Paul Cooper

Software Engineer/Reports Designer