Solved

Action Processor Rules/Variables

• 17 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Good evening,

I am currently working on ways to utilise the Action Processor feature within assyst.

I’m having a few issues and have some questions, if anybody could assist that’d be really appreciated.

1. How can I fetch the description of an incident within an action processor rule, I’ve tried EVENT_DESC and EVENT_DESCRIPTION. In addition to the variable required, is there a page in particular that lists all available variables?

1. If a variable doesn’t exist in the (hopefully existing) list mentioned above, is it possible to create them via the Action_Processor_conf- if so, is there a list of in-depth variables to pull from?

All assistance is very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance. 

icon

Best answer by Steve Miller 21 October 2022, 14:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Dan,

As requested, there is a page in the Wiki that lists all of the common, advanced and computed variables available to you.

Integrations:Action Processor Manual - assyst11-5Wiki (axiossystems.com)

I managed to do this with an additional variable in the additional_variable.lua file.

["AV_EVENT_DESC"] = "event.remarks",
["AV_PAR_EVENT_DESC"] = "event.parentEvent.remarks"

Hi Dan,

As requested, there is a page in the Wiki that lists all of the common, advanced and computed variables available to you.

Integrations:Action Processor Manual - assyst11-5Wiki (axiossystems.com)

I managed to do this with an additional variable in the additional_variable.lua file.

["AV_EVENT_DESC"] = "event.remarks",
["AV_PAR_EVENT_DESC"] = "event.parentEvent.remarks"

Thanks ever so much for this Steve, really helpful.

Out of curiosity, when creating these additional variables, where would I locate the variables to create them in future, e.g. the “event.parentEvent.remarks”?

Looking forward to getting stuck in with the Action Processor! 😀

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I try to use the Java docs with a heavy dose of experimentation 😅

Good luck, you’re in for a treat. This is also how we tend to trigger scripts and API calls so it can be a powerful tool.