Question

Workmanager Examples

• 16 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I’ve been trying to work through some test cases for where Workmanager may be beneficial but am struggling to visualize/realize how best it could be utilized.  I’ve been reading through the wiki and understand the concepts but before presenting to any leadership and/or managers I’d like to present some examples to help tell the story of what it is capable of.

Is anyone using Workmanager for things like Change, Request, Incident?

Best practices you’ve found or suggestions you’d be willing to share?

Thanks so much

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi Mitch

As something different I’ve seen a customer in the change arena using the lanes to manage where their changes are and they use an airport analogy to do this. Can’t recall exactly the names they used in the lanes but they use something like the following.

Changes are In Departure Lounge when being raised, Through Security when they’ve been approved, On Final Approach when being implemented and Landed once they have been implemented. Guess you could also add circling if they are delayed.

I think it works best if you do though have team leads managing the distribution of work amongst the team and sharing that workload out. Estimating effort and seeing what would be on everyone's plate  before committing the actual assignments is what it was designed for.