Solved

Updating development environment based on production changes

• 29 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, I couldn’t find a resource containing the information that we’re looking for, so I thought I’d log a question here.

Our organization has a development and a production environment. We were wondering if there is a way for changes made in production to be automatically replicated on the development environment? In this case, we’re mostly wondering about changes that technicians may apply to singular Items, user profiles, etc. It would be great if those changes could be replicated in development automatically. Is there a feature for this? Does anyone have this set up? We are currently on version 11.2.3, soon to be updated to 11.7.2.

icon

Best answer by MennovH 1 February 2024, 09:22

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi, 

From assyst 11.6.0 there a promotion utility has been added to assyst which will allow you to export data from one assyst environment and import it into another environment. Currently the data that this promotion utility covers is limited to custom forms and workflow processes as these area’s aren’t covered by the Data Management Worksheets (DMW) in assystETM. Using the DMW in ETM you can export and import data from one system to another system. However, both of these options do require manual work. The areas that the promotion utility covers will be expanded in future releases.

Currently there is nothing out of the box that would automatically replicate changes from one environment to another.