Solved

SR stuck open

• 8 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 24 replies

We’ve got some Service Request S records stuck open. The Tasks are complete but it looks like the complete stage was missing when they were created. There is no resolution open available on the S record in order to resolve them manually either. Any ideas on what we could do? Cancelling would send a confusing email to the user which we are keen to avoid.

icon

Best answer by Robert Wood 8 February 2023, 10:35

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi Lucy, 

Can you try the following:

1. open the service request in the event form
  2. select the “tools” button from the toolbar
  3. select process designer (this should load the attached process for your event)
  4. manually add in a “completed” stage to the process
  5. go back to the event form
  6. actions > state actions > completed

This is a way to manually add in and move on the process attached to an event. If you’re able to progress it to the completed stage then it should be possible to close off the request.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@Robert Wood  I can follow it all the way up to taking a state action of complete. It does not appear under state actions. Only cancel appears there. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

It appears if I go to Actions, Other I can find and run the Complete stage. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

So once you’ve moved it to the complete stage do you now have the option to close the request?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

once it hits the complete stage it automatically resolves

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

May be worth looking at the process template for the process that the service request uses, you’ll want to make sure the template includes a completed stage to prevent further SRs having the same issue. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

it’s ok that part was taken care of quite some time ago - these after effects have just needed mopping up

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Glad it’s sorted :)