Question

FAQs on IFS asssyt Self Service App

• 25 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +5

We are just starting to test the IFS assyst Self Service App (version 1.5.0.51).

I’ve been advised by the IFS Service Desk that FAQ categories are not visible in the app. That being the case I am wondering why FAQs is a menu item on the map.

You can’t see anything to select on the FAQ page and the search button takes you back to the home page.

Is anyone else using the app who can explain what the FAQ page is used for? Have we missed some configuration steps?

7 replies

Badge

Hello Phil,

My understanding is that FAQ should be available in the self-service Mobile APP as per wiki page below

Self-Service Mobile App - Knowledge Base - assyst11-5Wiki (axiossystems.com)

Self-Service Mobile App - Knowledge Base - assyst11-6Wiki (axiossystems.com)

“search button takes you back to the home page” as this is not an expected behaviour of the self-service Mobile APP a member of our Service Desk team will be in touch with you very soon using the reference number of the event you have previously logged on our portal

Kind Regards,

Arnaud

Badge +5

Thanks Arnaud,

It looks like we were missing the Contact User Query Profile. We’ve never used one for FAQs before.

Unfortunately when I added that configuration there was no change in behaviour.

I look forward to hearing from the Service Desk.

Phil

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi Phil,

do you see the FAQs in the normal Self Service Portal (assystNet)?

There is also a tick box ‘Available to contact users’ that needs to be ticked for the FAQ to be shown to end users.

Regards,

Menno

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Greymoose, 

i don’t know if is your case, but after getting crazy with the same issue we found out that we had hidden that section in Assystnet with style customization...

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Also the ‘FAQ’ option needs to be enabled in the license role the contact users are linked to. 

Badge +5

Hi Phil,

do you see the FAQs in the normal Self Service Portal (assystNet)?

There is also a tick box ‘Available to contact users’ that needs to be ticked for the FAQ to be shown to end users.

Regards,

Menno

Thanks for the suggestion. We use FAQs extensively in net so have them configured to display to Contact Users

Badge +5

Hi Greymoose, 

i don’t know if is your case, but after getting crazy with the same issue we found out that we had hidden that section in Assystnet with style customization...

Great idea. That didn’t cross my mind at all but it doesn’t seem to be the case for us. We have no extra styling for assystNET mobile and it made no difference when I removed all additional styling for assystNET.