Conversation/Demo/Call re: Category and Product Structure

• 2 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Would any IFS assyst customers be willing to share information or examples of their Category for Cause and Event and Generic/Product Class/Product/Item structures with us?

We are in a period post SaaS migration of re-evaluating our structures and uses of the tool to better align with best practices with increasing efficiency in mind. Our reporting and SLAs are lacking as a result of how we initially structured many of the system fields in our instance and would like a reference point for how others are utilzing this currently.  After pouring over the wiki i have a good idea of what we should be moving towards but always helps to share with our staff and leadership other real world examples where possible.

Anyone interested please let me know and I’d love to work with our CSM to get in touch and set up the call or working session!

5 replies

Badge

Hello moconnor, I would like to better understand your requirements. Once I have understood your requirements, my plan is to reach out to our existing customers and solicit input\assistance from those who may have implemented a solution. I will reach out to you via email. TY. 

Badge +2

Came to ask this exact question! We have recently moved to SaaS and the next phase of improvements is around product/data structures to actually enable trend analysis and reporting. 

We have way too many and there are too many ways to log a single fault we don’t get consistent data. 

We currently use “Service” which represents the application or system and our Category is more a cause. So for a keyboard fault currently it would likely be logged as Service: Laptop Category: INC Err message. 

I understand this can be done and work for some organization's but keen to understand other ways of working as my preference would be to log much more generically as you don’t always know what the cause of the issue is at logging. 

For example Service Hardware Category Keyboard, I would look to generate a “cause” at resolution. 

Is anyone else willing to share their current data structures at all? 

Thanks! 😀

Badge

JDosdale, I arranged a meeting with Professional Services for this customer and we made head ways in understanding their requirements. If you would like for me to make the same arrangements, let me know. I’d be happy to setup the meeting.

Badge +2

Hiya, thanks for the offer. I have discussed with a couple of people from IFS around new structures. I was more so looking for examples of how this works for other organizations on this occasion. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

We did end up working professional services to streamline the cleanup of existing values and start anew with a main focus on promoting from test to prod with our new values and event builders, etc.

As you stated, I’d still love to hear from other customers about their approach to this vs the technical aspect of what it takes to redefine this information as we did with AGS.