Question

Clearing browser cache

• 2 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

We are currently experiencing issues with browser caching, where assystNet users don’t see the correct homepage, offerings, layouts, formats that they should be seeing - the only way to resolve is to clear the users browser cache.

This has probably started following an upgrade to 11.5.2 a few weeks ago, but wanted to post this to see if anyone else has the same issue as we are experiencing and if so how you manage/resolve that so that ALL users have their browser cache cleared?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Chris,

I believe we already covered a similar issue for another user recently. Are you on-prem? If so, you may want to talk to whoever is the admin for your F5/Load balancer as we had an issue with that being responsible for caching and was what caused so many users to have that issue with the homepage changes following our update. It also affected the backend/assystweb users.

One way to know for sure or to help narrow it is to see if you have users reporting the same issue with not seeing the updates by going directly to the server url for that web server. We found that no issues were had with that method so it ultimately was a sticky/caching issue with the load balancer configuration that had to be modified.

Hope this helps as if it’s saas I would leave that to support but is likely browser specific so could have to force your organizations browser settings to clear cache and temp files upon exit by default or something like that.

-Mitch

Badge +6

Hi moconnor1 - thanks for the response. It was something that I logged on here previously (apologies for the duplicate post), but I couldn’t locate my original post so logged a new one (but have since found it).

We have had confirmation that our Load Balancers have the content cache feature disabled, so we are now exploring the ‘Clearing browser cache for all users’ - which isn’t really an ideal user friendly option.

It would be interesting to hear if anyone has come across this issue before and how they overcame it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Chris,

I would have them clarify that it’s not content caching but something that is called “Sticky Sessions” or similar I believe. 

I’m sure they’ve already done their due diligence and I’m not personally too familiar with them but know its a configuration setting that can cause it.

-Mitch

Badge +6

Thanks for the update Mitch.

I will get in touch with them again and make sure they have also checked for Sticky Sessions.