Question

assystNET - Alter Label On A Column Profile

• 7 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

Within assystNET, you can place Event Monitors on the homepage.

Some columns within the Event Monitor may not be easy to understand for some people who use the portal (such as SVD Assigned Name) so it has been requested that these be changed to more easily understandable headers where appropriate.

So with that goal in mind, does anyone know how to alter the headers of individual columns within assystNET Event Monitors with CSS only?

The reason I state ‘CSS only’ as I believe these are the lititations of what can be done via Styling in assyst.

Note: I’ve tried inspecting the element in three different browsers which all gave varying outputs.  The one below looked to be the most likely to work but it unfortunately did not (.dgrid-column-6 being SVD Assigned Name):

}
#dgrid_0 .dgrid-column-6 {
  column-header: "Assigned Team";
  header: "Assigned Team";
}

Many thanks in advance

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Have you checked out the Labels form under Administration > Labels? You can use the assyst javadocs to find the “path” of the appropriate label to change, and then enter what to rename it to.

Badge +3

I’ll be honest, I’d forgotten about the Labels function.  I’ll give it a try thank you.

Badge +3

Okay, so I couldn’t find it in the javadocs but I instead found the answer in the assystnet.properties file.  The Key to add to Labels for assystNET was:

monitor.event.assignedServDept.name

Which has worked.